Please be sure to read through the entire page before purchasing insurance. If you have any questions about insurance, please feel free to email [email protected] or call us at 845-425-8255. When you’re ready, click on the button at the bottom of this page. For complete details, visit TripAssure’s website.
What is Travelers Insurance?
Travelers insurance provides coverage for you if your baggage is lost or delayed, if your flight is delayed, or if you need to cancel your trip.
GoInspire has partnered with TripAssure (formerly MH Ross) to offer you Travelers Insurance. Please note that the insurance comes from TripAssure company. All benefits are subject to plan exclusions; see policy wording for details. If you have specific questions regarding coverage they should be directed to TripAssure customer service at 1-800-423-3632.
Note: TripAssure only sells travelers insurance to US Citizens; if you’re not a US Citizen click here: Seven Corners Travelers Insurance. If you have any questions about Seven Corners insurance, call 800-335-0611.
Is there a deadline to sign up?
Some insurance plans include a feature called Cancel for Any Reason. See below for an explanation of how Cancel for Any Reason works. Those plans must be purchased within 15 days of your first payment towards the trip, which may have been a your program fee(s), or may have been when you booked your flight (whichever happened first).
There is no official deadline to purchase a plan that doesn’t include Cancel for Any Reason. However, we recommend purchasing as soon as possible, for the following reasons:
- If something comes up and you need to cancel your trip, you would want to have purchased the insurance already.
- Some restrictions apply (under all plans) when the insurance is purchased more than 15 days after your first program payment. An example of this is pre-existing medical conditions.
- Also note that pregnancy is only considered a covered reason if insurance is purchased before the pregnancy occured.
- For further details, see TripAssure’s brochures by visiting their website and pulling up a quote.
Note: you can change your travel dates and trip cost at a later date, if need be, by calling TripAssure.
Which plan should I get?
TripAssure offers three insurance plans: Asset, Bridge, and Complete.
All policies will cover you if your luggage is lost or delayed, or if your flight is delayed. All policies will also provide 100% coverage if you decide to cancel your trip or go home early for a list of covered reasons. You can view the covered reasons under “Coverage For Your Travel Arrangements” on the quote. (Instructions for getting a quote can be found below.) The most common reasons are:
- Cancellation by your tour provider
- Illness or injury to the traveler or an immediate family member
- Fire, flood, or natural disaster at your residence, workplace, or destination
- Involuntary termination of employment
- Jury duty
- Documented work reasons
The Complete plan includes an additional feature called Cancel for Any Reason. This means that if you decide to cancel your trip for a reason that’s not one of the covered reasons, they will still cover 75% of your losses. Note: you can only receive the Cancel for Any Reason benefit if you purchase the insurance within 2 weeks of purchasing a ticket or of your first program payment (whichever one came first), and if you cover the FULL cost of your ticket + program fees.
GoInspire HIGHLY recommends purchasing Cancel for Any Reason insurance, which will insure you in case you have to cancel for any reason which the insurance company does not consider a covered reason.
If you are not purchasing Cancel for Any Reason, we recommend the Bridge plan, as it offers more coverage than the Asset plan.
How much should I insure?
- Find out from your travel agent if your ticket is refundable or not. If your ticket is refundable, find out what the cancellation fee is
- If your ticket is not refundable OR if you are purchasing a Cancel for Any Reason policy (Complete), take the amount your ticket costs and continue to step 4.
- If your ticket is refundable, take the amount of the cancellation fee and continue to step 4.
- If you purchased a separate domestic ticket, add its nonrefundable cost (if you are purchasing the Asset or Bridge plan), or its full cost (if you are purchasing the Complete plan).
- Add any program fees you have paid / will pay.
- Then round up to the nearest $500, and the number you get is what you should fill in as Trip Cost (when getting a quote or purchasing).
Example #1: If your ticket is refundable AND you are getting the Bridge plan, the cancellation fee is $300, and your program fee was $1000: Take $300 and add $1000 to get $1300. Round up to $1500.
Example #1: If your ticket is not refundable OR you are getting the Complete plan, and you paid $1700 for your ticket and $1000 for your program: Take $1700 and add $1000 to get $2700. Round up to $3000.
How do I purchase the insurance?
Note: You may encounter trouble if you are using a smartphone or tablet; we recommend using a computer to get a quote and/or purchase insurance. If you do not have access to a computer, you can call TripAssure at 800-423-3632 to purchase over the phone. They will ask you for our Agency Code, which is goin0028ny.
To purchase insurance, or get a quote, follow these steps:
- Visit this link to open TripAssure’s enrollment site in a new window: https://www.tripassure.com/main/?welcome=goin0028ny
- Locate the section called “Get a Quick Quote”. Fill in the State you live in and your Trip Type (probably Leisure Vacation), and click Next. Fill out the dates of your trip and click Next. Then enter your current age and your Trip Cost, and click Get Quote. You will be taken to a page which compares the available plans.
- Refer to the price under the policy you chose. If you are ready to purchase, click “Buy Now” under the policy you chose.
- You will be taken to a page to fill in your information. Fill out your “Primary Traveler Information” and “Trip Information”.
- Here are some tips for filling out the “Trip Information” section:
- If you are asked for a Travel Agency Code, enter goin0028ny
- “Arrangements to be Insured” should be Air and Land.
- “Airline” is whichever airline you are flying.
- “Deposit Date” should be the date of your first payment (either your ticket or program fee).
- You can leave out the rest of the “Trip Information” section.
- Click “Continue” and you will be asked for your credit card information. Click “Buy Now” and you are done! You will get an email from TripAssure (the insurance company) with a receipt and with everything you need to know about your policy. Please forward that confirmation email to [email protected] so we can best advise you in case of a travel emergency.
How much does insurance cost?
The cost of insurance depends on a number of factors. The only accurate way to find out is to get a quote. Go through the directions above under “How do I purchase the insurance” to get a real quote. You can then decide whether or not to purchase.
I paid a program fee/deposit more than 15 days ago, but I want to get Cancel for Any Reason! What should I do?
You have two options:
- You can purchase a plan that does not include Cancel for Any Reason, and insure your ticket and your program fee.
- You can purchase a Cancel for Any Reason plan, and JUST insure your ticket. You will need to purchase the plan within 15 days from when your ticket is issued. You will also need to choose “Air” under “Arrangements to be Insured” when putting through your purchase.
I need to file a claim! How do I get it started?
If you are cancelling your trip, the first step is to ask your travel agent to cancel your ticket. If you booked through GoInspire and we are closed, you can call the airline directly to cancel the ticket.
If you have an issue with lost or delayed luggage:
- Contact TripAssure to find out how much money you can spend on replacement belongings.
- Be sure to save all of your receipts, as you will need them for your claim.
To file a claim with TripAssure, visit tripassure.com and click “Claims” > “Report New Claim”. Refer to the information in your policy when filling out the Claim Form.
TripAssure will contact us to provide information regarding your ticket. If you are cancelling for a covered reason, they may ask you for proof of the covered reason (eg: a doctor’s note).
If you need any help or have any questions about claims, you can contact TripAssure at 800-423-3632, or call their 24-hour One Call number: 603-894-4710 (you can call this number collect, if need be).
My ticket is refundable. Do I still need to purchase insurance?
Even if your ticket is refundable, we still recommend insurance. That’s because insurance can cover you for the ticket’s cancellation fee (which is usually $300) plus your program fees. You will also have coverage for lost/delayed luggage, missed connections, emergency medical care, etc.
If I purchase insurance, is there any reason not to purchase a nonrefundable ticket?
There are a couple of reasons why it might still pay for you to get the refundable ticket. It actually depends which insurance plan you buy.
If you bought a plan that does not include Cancel for Any Reason, then insurance would only cover you if you cancel for a “covered reason”.
Therefore, if you cancel for another reason (let’s say you change your mind about going on the trip), you wouldn’t get anything from insurance. If your ticket was refundable, you would get most of your money back from the airline, but if your ticket was nonrefundable you’d get nothing back.
If you bought a plan that does include Cancel for Any Reason, and cancel for something that’s not considered a “covered reason”, you would only be reimbursed 75% of your costs “covered reason”. You’d lose the other 25%. There’s a big difference between losing 25% of the full ticket and losing 25% of its cancellation fee. You might want to calculate that difference, and compare it to the price difference between a refundable ticket and a nonrefundable ticket.
Another factor that might make a difference is that in case of cancellation, the airline refund usually comes through a lot faster than it takes for insurance company to provide reimbursement.
My Credit Card company provides insurance. Is there any reason to purchase through TripAssure?
Different credit cards offer different levels of insurance. You may want to call them and find out what their coverage includes, and then compare it to the plans TripAssure offers.
Another thing to keep in mind is that if you purchase travelers insurance through TripAssure, you can insure your program fees, in addition to the ticket.